- Open Internet Explorer. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- On the General tab, under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.
- In the Delete Files dialog box that appears, click OK.
- Under History, click Clear History.
- In the dialog box that appears, click OK.
- Quit Internet Explorer.
- Log on to the computer by using the account of a user who does not experience the problem, and then open a command prompt.
- Change the directory to the following path:drive:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5where username is the name of the user account that has the problem.
- Type del index.dat, and then press ENTER.
- Close the command prompt, and then restart the computer.
You may be able to download files if you log on to the computer as a different user.
Article ID: 306837 - Last Review: Jun 19, 2014 - Revision: 1