Execution of the Set-FederatedOrganizationIdentifier cmdlet had thrown an exception. This may indicate invalid parameters in your Hybrid Configuration settings.
An error occurred while attempting to provision Exchange to the Partner STS. Detailed Information ""An error occurred accessing Windows Live. Detailed information: ""The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.""."".
at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Hybrid.RemotePowershellSession.RunCommand(String cmdlet, Dictionary`2 parameters, Boolean ignoreNotFoundErrors)
- Configure the settings on the proxy server to allow access to the endpoints that are used by the service. For a list of IP addresses and URLs that are used by Microsoft Exchange Online, see the Exchange Online section of Office 365 URLs and IP addresses.
- Make sure that proxy settings are configured correctly on the Exchange servers in your environment by doing the following:
- Set the proxy in Internet Explorer. For more information, see Change proxy server settings in Internet Explorer.
- Set the proxy by using the netsh command-line tool. For more information, see Netsh Commands in for Windows Hypertext Transfer Protocol.
- Set the proxy by using the Set-ExchangeServer cmdlet. For example, run the following command:For more information, see Set-ExchangeServer.
Set-ExchangeServer NameOfServer -InternetWebProxy Http://proxyURL:Port
- Rerun the Hybrid Configuration wizard.
Still need help? Go to Microsoft Community or the Exchange TechNet Forums.
Article ID: 3068838 - Last Review: Dec 29, 2016 - Revision: 1