This article describes the issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 7 for Windows Azure Pack. It also contains the installation instructions for Update Rollup 7 for Windows Azure Pack.
Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
Windows Azure Pack
- Tenants cannot delete the checkpoints of their virtual machines
Tenants can create a checkpoint for a virtual machine in their subscription but cannot delete it afterward.
After this update is installed, tenants can delete the checkpoint created for their virtual machines.
- Support for VM names of up to 15 characters
Tenants cannot enter VM names longer than 12 characters.
After this update is installed, an administrator can create plans that let tenants enter VM names of up to 15 characters.
- Displaying VHD items during virtual machine creation when there are no hardware profiles in the plan
Even when the plan only has VM templates or when there are no hardware profiles associated, VHDs are still shown to the tenants when they create virtual machines.
After this update is installed, tenants no longer see the irrelevant VHDs.
- Incompatible VHDs are offered to the tenant when attaching a VHD to a virtual machine
When attaching a VHD to a virtual machine, the list shows VHDs with incompatible operating systems.
After this update is installed, tenants no longer see the incompatible VHDs.
- Support for tenant plan viewing and self-subscription permission based on security groups
Administrators have no way of preventing tenants from viewing and self-subscribing to a plan based on security groups.
After this update is installed, administrators can now associate security groups with a plan to let only those tenants in the security groups to view and self-subscribe to the particular plans. This includes corresponding PowerShell administration commands.
- Support for Shielded Virtual Machine Management when it's run on Windows 10 Server Preview
On Windows Server 2016 Preview, tenants cannot create and manage Shielded Virtual Machines.
After this update is installed, administrators can enable Shielded VM support in plans for tenants' access to these resources. This functionality is supported only in Windows Server 2016 Preview.
- Virtual Machine performance data displayed in the tenant portal
Not all performance data is displayed on the tenant virtual machine dashboard.
After this update is installed, tenants can see performance data on their dashboard.
- Product quality
This update includes other fixes to improve overall product quality.
How to obtain and install Update Rollup 7 for Windows Azure Pack
Download informationUpdate packages for Windows Azure Pack are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
Microsoft UpdateTo obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has a Windows Azure Pack component installed:
- Click Start and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup package and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
Manual download of the update packagesGo to the following website to manually download the update packages from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
Article ID: 3069121 - Last Review: Jul 31, 2015 - Revision: 1
Windows Azure Pack (on Windows Server 2012 R2)