When a user tries to use Workplace Join, the user receives the following error message:
Additionally, admins see following event ID 100 and event ID 101 logged in Event Viewer:
Confirm you are using the current sign-in info, and that your workplace uses this feature. Also, the connection to your workplace might not be working right now. Please wait and try again.
The user is a domain user but does not have a cloud identity provisioned.
To troubleshoot this issue, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the user has an account in Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
If directory synchronization is being used, make sure that directory synchronization is working and that the user account is not filtered.
- Make sure that the user can sign in to the Microsoft cloud service portal.
2412085 You can't sign in to Office 365, Azure, or Intune
- For Microsoft Office 365, go to https://portal.office.com.
- For Microsoft Azure, go to https://myapps.microsoft.com.
- For Microsoft Intune, go to https://account.manage.microsoft.com.
Article ID: 3071010 - Last Review: Dec 29, 2016 - Revision: 1
Mobile Device Management for Office 365, Office 365, Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Azure Cloud Services, Microsoft Intune