App.exe may appear as "Winword.exe."
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- The Microsoft Office Startup folder or the Microsoft Excel Startup folder contains either or both of the following Adobe Acrobat PDFMaker add-in template files: Pdfmaker.dot
- Norton AntiVirus software is installed.
Method 1: Download the latest version of the add-in for Adobe Acrobat 5.0To obtain an updated add-in for Adobe Acrobat 5.0, visit the following Adobe Web site: Note Microsoft does not support downloading and installing add-ins from the Adobe Web site. If you need help, you must contact Adobe Technical Support.
Method 2: Move the filesMove the Pdfmaker.dot file and, if present, the Pdfmaker.xla file from the Office or Excel Startup folder to a different folder on your hard disk. For example, you can move the files to the My Documents folder.
Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
To remove these files yourself this, follow these steps.
- Click Start, point to Search, and then click For Files or Folders.
- In the Search for file or folders namedbox, type pdfmaker.dot pdfmaker.xla.
- In the Look In box, click the disk drive where Windows is installed, such as C:, and then click Search Now.
The Pdfmaker.dot file is located in one of the following folders:
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Startup (Word 2000)
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Startup (Word 2002)
- C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\Startup
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Xlstart (Excel 2000)
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Xlstart (Excel 2002)
- C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\Xlstart
- In the Search Results window, right-click the file for each file that is found, and then click Cut.
- On your desktop, right-click the My Documents folder, and then click Paste.
Method 3: Visit the Symantec Web site for Norton Antivirus information and product updatesTo resolve this behavior, visit the following Symantec Web site for more information and product updates:
Article ID: 307410 - Last Review: Aug 5, 2016 - Revision: 1