In the new Windows Dev Center
, the process to unpublish an app is not intuitive or obvious. To unpublish an app, follow these steps.
- Sign in to the Windows Dev Center Dashboard.
- From My apps on the left side, select an app.
- If you don't have a current update pending, you must click Update to create a new submission.
- On the next page, click Pricing and availability.
- On the next page, click next to Distribution and Visibility to show your options.
- Select one of the three options that are available. To unpublish your app, select the third option.
- If you select the first option, anyone can search for your app. This is the default selection.
- If you select the second option, you can hide your app. (This is like how a developer would hide an app.) Although users can still download by using deeplink, your app is not searchable.
- If you select the third option, you unpublish your app.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save.
- Click Submit to the Store.
- As soon as the update finishes, the changes take effect.