To be eligible to participate in the Online Services Usage Incentive, a partner must have performed all qualifying activities and complete all registration requirements before the incentive can be earned. If any registration requirement is incomplete, a partner cannot earn a payout in the program.
Eligible partner organizations must hold an active MPN Agreement, which incorporates terms applicable to all incentives that were previously set forth in the Microsoft Channel Incentive Agreement (MCIA).
Eligible partner organizations must also achieve and maintain MPN Gold or Silver competency level in the following competencies by relevant product:
▪ Cloud Productivity (all products except Power BI and Dynamics)
▪ Enterprise Mobility Management (Intune, AADP, AIP, and EMS)
▪ Project Portfolio Management (Project)
▪ Data Analytics (Power BI only)
▪ Cloud Business Application (Dynamics 365, CRMOL, AX7)
▪ Cloud Customer Relationship Management (Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement, CRMOL)
▪ Enterprise Resource Planning (Dynamics ERP, AX7)
To review the specific requirements to attain Silver or Gold level MPN Competency, please visit the following MPN site: https://partner.microsoft.com/membership/competencies.
Partners participating in the Online Services programs will need to complete both the Payment Profile as well as Tax Profile that links out from MPN prior to being eligible to earn incentives. Should either of these profiles be incomplete or invalid, a partner cannot earn incentives until both profiles have been completed and accepted by Microsoft.
Partners can submit bank details via contact information at https://partners.microsoft.com/PartnerProgram/PsaSubprogramStatus.aspx. More details on Banking and Tax Information can be found in Appendix A of the Online Services Usage Incentive guide.