Partners participating in the Online Services programs will need to complete both the Payment Profile as well as Tax Profile that links out from MPN prior to being eligible to be paid incentives. Should either of these profiles be incomplete, incentive payments will be held until both profiles have been completed.
Digital Partner of Record (DPOR) recognition
- The customer may designate only one partner per subscription.
For example: if the customer has two Office 365 subscriptions (E1 & E2), up to two different partners may be designated, one for each subscription.
- Once the partner has been associated and recognized as the Online Services Usage Advisor DPOR and the Online Service workloads are actively in use, a partner may begin earning incentives.
- Customer can add a partner as their DPOR at the time of signing the EA, or EAS, or EES, or CASA, or MPSA or at a later date.
- Customer may also choose to change their DPOR.
Note: O365 ProPlus (standalone) will be paid at 4%
Usage incentives Office 365
This incentive is based on active entitlements at the workload level. Incentives will pay on the following Office 365 workloads:
- Exchange Online (ExO)
- SharePoint Online (SpO)
- Skype for Business (SfB)
- ProPlus is also available in standalone and certain bundled Office 365 products.
Active Entitlement is the unique count of users, by workload, that have taken an intentional action within that workload in the past 28 days. This period is rolling. Some sample intentional actions include sending, forwarding or replying to emails via Exchange Online; uploading or downloading a file; creating or editing a site via SharePoint Online; participating in an IM or Skype call via Skype for Business.
Microsoft Intune: A customer will be considered actively using if they meet one of the following criteria:
o The customer has deployed a Microsoft Intune agent on a PC
o The customer has assigned a Microsoft Intune license to a user and has at least one mobile device/PC associated with the licensed user.
AADP: A customer will be considered be actively using AADP if they meet one of the below criteria. The largest number from the below will be taken into consideration for the incentive:
- number of Licensed Users Accessing at least one 3rd party App
- number of Licensed Users Registered for Self- service password reset
- number of Licensed users enabled for MFA
Proof of Execution (POE)
Microsoft reserves the right to ask for Proof of Execution in order to validate that required activities have been performed. Partners are required to provide POE upon request for the incentive to be approved. There is no required template for this documentation. This control remains a critical measure for ensuring that the right partners are rewarded for their efforts on behalf of Microsoft.
If the partner has not submitted adequate Proof of Execution by the SLA date (5 business days), then the date by which the POE is approved will become the month when the incentive payment will begin.
For example: If POE is requested on January 15, 2017, and the partner does not submit valid POE until March 20, 2017, then the partner’s incentive earnings begin in March 2017.
The Online Services Usage Incentive is calculated monthly for active entitlements. The incentive is calculated based on a rate card value for the eligible SKUs and their respective workloads.
Scenarios where monthly rhythm for a specific partner can be interrupted:
- No eligible transactions found
- Earned incentive amount for a given month is less than minimum payment threshold
- Missing tax form
- No bank details and/or partner address is incomplete/incorrect in MPN
Do you have further questions related to different topics?
For Support, please go to https://partner.microsoft.com
Select your language
Go to Support Tab
Select your Category, Topic and Issue and
Select how to get in contact with us (Chat, Forum, and e-mail).
Note: Using the Contact Microsoft Support button requires you to login into the MPN site using a valid Microsoft Partner Network login. If you do not have a valid Microsoft Partner Network login or are having problems logging in to MPN, you can get more information or assistance from the MPN Support site.
Article ID: 3082044 - Last Review: Apr 26, 2017 - Revision: 5