This article describes an issue that occurs when you use the Alchemy Tuxnet Sample to test Microsoft Silverlight in Windows Embedded Compact 2013. An update is available to resolve this issue. Before you install this update, all previously issued updates for this product must be installed.
Consider the following scenario:
- You have the May 2015 update installed on a device that's running Windows Embedded Compact 2013.
- You want to use the Alchemy Tuxnet Sample from the Windows Embedded Compact 2013 test kit to test Silverlight UI framework under Power Suite on the device.
- You successfully build your test package, copy the AlchemyTuxnetSample.dll file to the device that you want to test, and then run the following command in the command shell:s tuxnet -assembly AlchemytuxnetSample.dll
TypeLoadException in Tuxnet.exe due to missing files
Software update information
Download informationWindows Embedded Compact 2013 Monthly Update (July 2015) is now available from Microsoft. To download this Windows Embedded Compact 2013 monthly update, go to Microsoft OEM Online or MyOEM.
PrerequisitesThis update is supported only if all previously issued updates for this product have also been installed.
Restart requirementAfter you apply this update, you must perform a clean build of the whole platform. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- On the Build menu, click Clean Solution, and then click Build Solution.
- On the Build menu, click Rebuild Solution.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any other updates.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 3082164 - Last Review: Aug 20, 2015 - Revision: 1