- You use the AlwaysOn Availability Groups feature in Microsoft SQL Server 2014.
- You have an availability group whose backup-preference setting is set as "Prefer Secondary" or "Secondary only."
- You create a maintenance plan that uses a backup database task to back up a database, and the database belongs to the availability group.
- You select the "Verify backup integrity" option, and click to clear the "For availability databases, ignore replica priority for backup and backup on primary settings" option for the backup database task.
- You execute the maintenance plan.
Executing the query "<Query statement>" failed with the following error: "Cannot open backup device '<File path of the backup file>'. Operating system error 2(The system cannot find the file specified.). VERIFY DATABASE is terminating abnormally.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.
Article ID: 3082885 - Last Review: Aug 17, 2015 - Revision: 1