- How to create user accounts for employees who need access to Partner Center.
- The user roles Global admin or User management admin (CSP only) are required to create and manage users. The Account admin role can manage existing user roles. Users can see their own assigned user roles.
If you are looking for guidance on how to associate Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) exams, assessments and / or certifications to your account to satisfy the competency requirements, follow the guidance here.
How to add a new user to your organization’s Microsoft Partner Network ID in Partner Center
Add a new user
1. From the Settings icon at the top right of the Partner Center, select User management.
Note: If you do not see the User management menu item, please select Partner settings first and then User management.
2. Click Search and check with the user’s name to double check if they need a new account, before you create the new user account.
3. Select Add user.
Note: If you do not see the Add user button you may not have the required user roles. The user roles Global admin or User management admin (CSP only) are required to create and manage users. The Account admin role can only manage existing user roles. The MPN Partner Admin can cannot create users or assign roles. To learn more, read Assign users roles and permissions.
4. Enter the user’s full name and unique email address and following your company guidance on new user syntax.
5. Select the user Roles and Permissions you need to assign to the user. Partner Center access is role-based, so you can assign permissions to customize the user's view to show only the features the user needs to complete specific tasks.
Users can see their own role assignment when they click on their sign-in name, My profile, then “Click here to view <User name> permissions”. If users need a role assignment, they may find admins themselves, see Find a specific admin role below.
6. Select Add to create the user account. Confirm the user's details on the next page.
Make a note of the new user's sign-in information displayed on this page. Be sure to copy and send this information to the new user as you will not be able to access it again later.
The user will need to sign into the Partner Center with their username and temporary password. When the user signs into the Partner Center for the first time, they are prompted to change their password.
Assign user roles
To work in the Partner Center, you must have an assigned role. Currently, roles include Azure Active Directory tenant roles, Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) roles, and non-AAD company roles. An individual company can have a need for all of these roles.
For specific information on the roles and what each role can do, see Assign user permissions.
Find a specific admin role eg global admin
Sometimes a user may need to have their role changed or a new user may need a specific role assignment. Users can check their own roles and find admins via User Management.
To find an Account admin (role changes for existing users), User admin or Global admin who can make role changes or assign roles to a new user. Select User Management, from the Settings icon at the top right of the Partner Center, and filter on an admin role eg Global admin.
If Add user button is missing, you do not have the correct roles or you may be managing your user data base from an on-prem Active Directory, hence you should add your users from your On-prem AD and sync them in the AAD, which will make said users appear in Partner Center after the On-prem-AD sync in the AAD. For such situations, the filtering options will also not be available. A useful document in this sense is can be found here.
To find out how you can connect your on-premises directory to Azure AD, see Integrating your on-premises identities with Azure Active Directory.
How to associate a user’s exams, assessments and certifications to your organization’s account for Competency attainment
Users need to associate their own MCP ID (MSA account) to link technical exams to their partner center account. This enables the users MCP exams to be used to meet competency requirements.
Please review the guidance here to associate the user’s exams, assessments and certifications (MCP) to your account.