Be aware that the update in Download Center applies to Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It doesn't apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
Improvements and fixes
- Enables single sign-on (SSO) for the Windows Azure Active Directory authentication library (ADAL) on cloud domain-joined computers. On a cloud domain-joined computer that has Modern Authentication enabled, domain accounts seem to be logged in, but users can't open files.
- Fixes the following issues:
- When you open a .docm document that has an ActiveX control deleted (for example, by using the OpenXML manipulation) in Word 2013, you receive an error message that looks something like this:It's because the state of the ActiveX control still remains in Visual Basic for Applications.Can't exit design mode because Control "<control name>" can not be created.
- Comment initials and comment indexes aren't printed in a printed output in Word 2013.
- Third-party add-ins can't change or add attachments to RTF email messages during the BeforeAttachmentAdd event.
- When you run a macro that uses the TransformDocument method to convert a document into a different XML format in Word 2013, Word 2013 crashes if there's a text box in the header or footer of the document.
- When you save a .doc document as the .docx format and then you close and reopen this document in Word 2013, a hidden table is visible in the document unexpectedly if the hidden table content was formatted by a table style.
- When you insert or delete the first row, the first column, the last row, or the last column in a table in Word 2013, the table binding or matrix binding is lost.
- When you open a .docm document that has an ActiveX control deleted (for example, by using the OpenXML manipulation) in Word 2013, you receive an error message that looks something like this:
How to download and install the update
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center. The updates in the Download Center can't be installed on Office Home and Student 2013 RT.
- Download update KB3085490 for 32-bit version of Word 2013
- Download update KB3085490 for 64-bit version of Word 2013
- Open Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|