Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Service Pack 1 for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 installed on the computer.
For a complete list of affected versions of Microsoft Office software, see KB3096440 .
Improvements and fixesThis update contains fixes for the following nonsecurity issues:
- When you create a SharePoint site by using a saved template that has a site feed Web Part, you experience the following issues:
- Post to the site feed Web Part isn't displayed in the search result.
- If you search for text in the posts, the results are not displayed as conversations.
- If a post has hash tags, the tags never are counted in trending tags, and the post is not displayed on the hash-tag profile page.
- When you create a site that is based on a site template that has the Community Site feature enabled, you can't see communities, and you receive the following error message: This update disables the option to Save site as a template for a site that has the Community Site feature enabled.Cannot complete this action. Please try again.
- If a document set has a shared field of the SharePoint integer type, the value of the field isn't propagated to documents inside the document set.
- When you receive a message about a discussion list, the author of the post isn't displayed.
- Invalid XML in CMIS fields doesn't ignore browser processing as expected.
- Site-deleting notification displays an incorrect date if the site regional setting locale isn't set to en-us.
- When you create a document set, all entered data is lost if a field validation fails.
- If an app that has a feature is used on a source label, new variation labels can't be created because the variation to create a hierarchies job fails.
- Incremental crawls on certain crawl sources cause sustained high CPU usage and gradually increasing memory consumption.
- When you use managed metadata navigation and filtering, the halo around the active item on the menu is truncated, and the separator of the navigation bar is displayed with an inconsistent width.
- Created and changed dates are displayed incorrectly for documents in a document set that are moved to the Drop Off library of a Records Center site.
- When you try to create a page by using a name that contains a space, you receive an error message that states that the special characters aren't allowed.
- Lync and Skype of Business presence doesn't work on the "people search" results page in the SharePoint Server 2013 search center.
- Product names such as Word and Excel are translated in the search result page of the search center in Finnish language.
- Fixes the following issues in Azure plugin in the hybrid crawler:
- Sends headers with additional information to secure cloud services (SCS).
- Fixes Azure plugin freezes because of status change (pause or resume).
- Fixes the spoindextypename value.
- The exception in UrlMapper.RefreshCache may cause the w3wp.exe process to crash. You can't access the site, and data loss occurs.
- You can't use the ManagedProperty.Update method to update the UseAAMMapping property.
- You can't access a document by using a DocID URL on mobile devices. For example, a DocID URL resembles the following: