Note Administrators or users with administrator permissions can configure the Task Scheduler to send a notification when a scheduled task does not run as you set it to run. To do so, click Notify Me of Missed Tasks on the Advanced menu.
- Schedule - The schedule for the task.
- Next Run Time - The time and date that the task is next scheduled to run.
- Last Run Time - The time and date the task was last run.
- Status - The current status of the task.
- Last Result - Code that indicates the result of the last run.
The Status column has the following status and description information:
- Blank - The task is not running, or it ran and was successful.
- Running - The task is currently running.
- Missed - One or more attempts to run this task was missed.
- Could not start - The most recent attempt to start the task did not work.
- 0x0: The operation completed successfully.
- 0x1: An incorrect function was called or an unknown function was called.
- 0xa: The environment is incorrect.
Also check the following data in the task's properties:
- Make sure the check box that turns on the task has a check mark.
- Check the path to the program and make sure that it is correct. Also check the program to see if it requires some command-line parameters that are missing.
The log file size is 32 kilobytes (KB), and when the file reaches its maximum size, it automatically starts to record new information at the beginning of the log file and writes over the old log file information.
To check the settings for the service:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Administrative Tools.
- Click Computer Management.
- Expand Services and Applications, and then click Services.
- Right-click the Task Scheduler service, and then click Properties.
- On the General tab, make sure that the startup type is set to automatic, and that the service status is Started. If the service is not running, click Start.
- On the Log On tab, make sure that the local system account is selected, and that the Allow service to interact with desktop check box has a check mark.
- Click OK, and then quit Computer Management.