Note Existing Data Protection Manager to Windows Azure customers should upgrade to the latest agent (version 2.0.8719.0 or later). In case this component is not installed, online backups will fail, and no Data Protection Manager to Windows Azure operation will work.
Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
Data Protection Manager
- The DPM Agent crashes intermittently during a backup.
- If you are trying to recover data from an imported tape, DPM may crash with a "Connection to the DPM service has been lost" error.
- If you try to back up a SharePoint site that uses SQL Always On as a content database, SQL logs are not truncated as expected.
- You cannot verify tape library compatibility for tapes that use RSMCompatmode settings such as IBM 35xx, 2900, and so on.
- If you have multiple SharePoint farms hosted on the same SQL cluster with different instances but the same database names, DPM cannot back up the correct SharePoint farm content.
- If you run Update Rollup 7 for Data Protection Manager 2012 R2, and you have already configured online protection for one or more protection groups, trying to change the protection group populates the default DPM settings for the "Select long-term goals" wizard instead of the previous configured values.
- When you try to protect a SQL failover cluster, the Data Protection Manager UI crashes for every backup or synchronization operation.
- If you install Update Rollup 7 for Data Protection Manager 2012 R2, self-service recovery for SQL databases may not work, and you receive the following error message:
How to obtain and install Update Rollup 8 for System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager
Download informationUpdate packages for Data Protection Manager are available from Windows Update or by manual download from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Windows UpdateTo obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has a Data Protection Manager component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup package, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
Microsoft Update CatalogThis update package is available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
Article ID: 3086084 - Last Review: Oct 27, 2015 - Revision: 1