After you start Visual Studio 2015, the IDE does not display any images or icons. This problem also occasionally occurs after you install or uninstall extensions.
This problem occurs because required information is missing from the registry or the image loading service is not correctly created or initialized.
Update informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Note This is a client-side fix.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, see how to obtain Microsoft support files from online services .
Updated filesFor a complete list of the files that this update adds or changes, double-click the update installer, and then click Show Files on the File menu.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update.
Restart requirementAfter you install this update, you must close and restart all instances of Visual Studio 2015 to force a reload of the updated assemblies.
This software update will be included in Update 1 for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015.
Applies toThis article applies to:
- Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise
- Visual Studio 2015 Professional
- Visual Studio 2015 Community
- Visual Studio 2015 Express for Desktop
- Visual Studio 2015 Express for Web
- Visual Studio 2015 Express for Windows
- Visual Studio 2015 Integrated Shell
- Visual Studio 2015 Isolated Shell