- You use Resource Governor in Microsoft SQL Server 2014.
- You create a resource pool by specifying the CAP_CPU_PERCENT argument with a value that's much less than the default value. For example, the default value is 100, and you specify a value of 20.
- You create a workload group that uses the given resource pool.
- You connect to the instance of SQL Server, and the connection is classified to consume the given workload group.
- You run queries through the connection.
Article ID: 3097073 - Last Review: Oct 19, 2015 - Revision: 1