- Users can't sign in to your dial-in page. This page has a URL that resembles the following:
- Lync Mobile clients can't sign in.
- External clients can't sign in.
- Address book web queries fail.
- Users are prompted for credentials for some web services after they sign in internally to Lync desktop clients.
Additionally, the following event may be logged in the Application log on your Lync Server 2013 Front End server:
Security update 3080353 requires that the latest Lync Server 2013 cumulative update (July 2015 cumulative update 5.0.8308.920 for Lync Server 2013 ) is installed on the computer. However, the installation of KB 3080353 is not blocked if the July 2015 cumulative update is not already installed on the system.
To resolve this problem, uninstall security update 3080353, install the July 2015 cumulative update, and then reinstall security update 3080353.
If you cannot immediately update to the July 2015 Lync Server 2013 cumulative update, you can block installation of security update 3080353 in Windows Update. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Control Panel (or Control Panel Desktop App in Windows Server 2012).
- Click System and Security, and then click Windows Update.
- Click <x> important updates are available, where <x> represents the actual number of listed updates.
- In the list, locate KB3080353, and then clear the check box for that update.
- Right-click the update, and then click Hide update.
Note The update name and check box will now appear unavailable.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation.
- In the Windows Update item in Control Panel, click Restore hidden updates.
- Select the checkbox for KB3080353, and then click Restore.
Note After you click Restore, Windows Update runs a new check for updates.
If you install Lync security updates by using the Cumulative Server Update Installer (LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe), the installer should prompt you to install the correct prerequisites. A new version of LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe is shipped together with the security update.
Security update 3080503 may be offered through Windows Update even if you have configured Windows Update to prevent Lync Server application updates.
Article ID: 3098577 - Last Review: Sep 28, 2015 - Revision: 1