Be aware that the update in Download Center applies to Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It doesn't apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
- When you use Microsoft OneDrive for Business to synchronize files, the synchronization may be stalled.
- You can edit a checked out IRM document in Word 2013 unexpectedly.
- When you try to use an Office 2013 application to open a file in SharePoint Server 2013 and the size of the central table database in the Office file cache is larger than 2 gigabytes (GB), the Office 2013 application crashes and then restarts. This update will compact the database so that its size won't grow to 2GB.
- When you try to use Office 2013 applications to open a file in SharePoint Server 2013, it's unable to locate the subcache that's deleted or missing, and the Office 2013 application crashes.
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center. The updates in the Download Center can't be installed on Office Home and Student 2013 RT.
- Download update KB3101501 for 32-bit version of Office 2013
- Download update KB3101501 for 64-bit version of Office 2013
- Open an Office 2013 application, such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|
Article ID: 3101501 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2