Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Excel 2016 installed on the computer. After you apply this security update, you may see a popup window that states that a website wants to open web content in protected mode in Internet Explorer. See Updates to change the way that Internet Explorer interacts with features in Microsoft Office applications for more information.
For a complete list of affected versions of Microsoft Office software, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 3104540.
- Charts can't be inserted in other Office applications such as Microsoft Word or Microsoft PowerPoint if an add-in from a network location is loaded in Excel 2016.
- If a workbook contains embedded charts of other applications, Excel 2016 may crash.
- When you rename a worksheet name in Excel 2016 in high contrast mode, you can't see the name until the rename is complete.
- Some issues occur that are related to the import and transformation features in the Get & Transform section of the Data tab in Excel 2016. See article 3108701 for more information.
- An image of a chart or a bounding box that has a message is displayed instead of the chart itself in Office 2016 applications.
- Adds the insert picture API to Office Add-ins for Word 2016, Excel 2016, and PowerPoint 2016 applications.
Method 1: Microsoft Update
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
- Download the security update for the 32-bit version of Excel 2016
- Download the security update for the 64-bit version of Excel 2016
Article ID: 3101510 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2