Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Microsoft Office 2016 installed on the computer.
For a complete list of affected versions of Microsoft Office software, see KB3104540.
- Some commands on the Mini toolbar appear black.
- Every time that you open Excel 2016, and the first time that the zoom slider level is changed, the change isn't propagated to the canvas.
- After you use an Office 2016 application for a long time, the application doesn't update the UI and becomes unusable. This issue is because of a GDI leak that ends up hitting the 10,000 GDI object limit per process that is imposed by Windows.
Note This issue is observable by adding the GDI Objects columns in Task Manager.
- Changes some key-tips to match tooltips and avoid conflicts with other key-tips on the ribbon for the Tell Me feature for multiple languages.
- Some issues that are related to the import and transformation features in the Get & Transform section of the Data tab in Excel 2016. See article 3108701 for more information.
- Improves the visual appearance of the Format Text Effects dialog box in the Dark Gray and Colorful themes.
- Improves the readability of the Signatures task pane in the Dark Gray theme.
Method 1: Microsoft Update
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
- Download security update for the 32-bit version of Office 2016
- Download security update for the 64-bit version of Office 2016
Security update deployment informationFor deployment information about this update, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 3104540.
Update replacement informationThis update doesn't replace a previously released update.
Article ID: 3101512 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2