Be aware that the update on the Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
- This update makes sure that binding calls for data loss prevention (DLP) policies are issued only when policy files exist. For example, when you open a file on a SharePoint site, there's a web service call even though there's no policy file.
- Fixes stability issues for data loss prevention (DLP) policies. When you open a file on a SharePoint site in an Office 2016 application and then close it, the application stops responding.
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3101550 for 32-bit version of Office 2016
- Download update KB3101550 for 64-bit version of Office 2016
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
Article ID: 3101550 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2