- If you click Yes, download the updated Setup files (Recommended) in the Get Updated Setup Files dialog box during Setup, you receive the following message in the Report System Compatibility dialog box: The following items are not compatible with Windows XP. The compatibility issue with some of these items must be resolved before running Setup again.Clicking Details causes the following message to appear:
For more information about an item, select it, and then click Details.
Winnov Videum SoftwareThis software is not compatible with this version of Windows and must be uninstalled before upgrading.
For a list of devices and applications supported by this version of Windows, see the list of compatible hardware and software on the Microsoft Web site.
- If you click No, skip this step and continue installing Windows in the Get Updated Setup Files dialog box during Setup, you receive the following error message on a blue screen: STOP 0xC2
If you clicked No, skip this step and continue installing Windows in the Get Updated Setup Files dialog box during Setup, follow these steps:
- Start your computer to a command prompt.
If your computer uses the FAT file system, start your computer with a Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98, or Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition startup disk. If your computer uses the NTFS file system, start your computer by using Recovery Console.
- Delete the Winnov32.sys, Wnvkaud.sys, Wnvcom.sys, and Wnkvid.sys files in the %Windir%\System32\Drivers folder.
- Restart the computer from the hard disk.
- Click Continue Windows XP Setup.
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 310527 - Last Review: Aug 24, 2009 - Revision: 1