The public group cannot be displayed. The operation failed.
Microsoft is researching this problem in Outlook 2016 and Outlook 2013 and will post more information in this article when the information becomes available.
Method 1: Use Outlook Web App to change the distribution list
- Log in to Microsoft Outlook Web App (OWA).
- Select Settings > Options > Groups.
Note If Groups does not exist under Options, click Other, click Go to the earlier version, and then click Groups.
- Under Distribution groups I own, select the distribution group that you want to edit, and then select Edit.
- Click Membership, and then change the group as needed.
- When you're finished, click Save.
Method 2: Remove the additional Exchange account from Outlook
- Click File, click Account Settings, and then click Account Settings.
- On the E-mail tab, select the additional Exchange account, and then click Remove.
- Click Close, and then exit and restart Outlook.
Article ID: 3109847 - Last Review: Nov 13, 2015 - Revision: 1