This symptom occurs although you expect the network utility to use as the default DNS server that is associated with the network device that has the highest binding order in the list of network connections.
Note This symptom may also occur with Virtual Private Networking (VPN) connections. A client computer may not use the DNS server from a VPN connection if the default gateway is set to the remote connection.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit32 in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Linkage
- In the right pane, double-click
- In the Value data box, select the "\Device\NdisWanIp" item, press CTRL+X, click the top of the list of devices, and then press CTRL+V.
- Click OK, and then quit Registry Editor.
Article ID: 311218 - Last Review: Oct 21, 2009 - Revision: 1