Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
- Tenants cannot attach a DVD drive to Generation 1 virtual machines after Windows Azure Pack is updated to Update Rollup 8. In this scenario, the device address selection may display a "No address available" message to the tenant even if a free DVD drive is available.
Additionally, when the tenant tries to attach a DVD drive, a dialog box that resembles the following is displayed:
- Update Rollup 8 for Service Management Automation (SMA) introduced a new feature in the Administrator Site to let an administrator stop a queued job. This feature has been recalled in this build of Windows Azure Pack.
Additionally, the button to stop queued jobs that was added in Update Rollup 8 has been removed in this release.
How to obtain and install Update Rollup 8.1 for Windows Azure Pack
Download informationUpdate packages for Windows Azure Pack are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
Microsoft UpdateTo obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has an Operational Manager component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup package, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
Manual download of the update packagesGo to the following website to manually download the update packages from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
Article ID: 3114172 - Last Review: Nov 17, 2015 - Revision: 1