Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Word 2016 installed on the computer.
For a complete list of affected versions of Microsoft Office software, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 3116111.
Improvements and fixes
- Renames the "Add-Ins" string to the "Add-ins" string for consistency.
- When you reopen a drawing that contains a Word object in Visio 2016, the Word object that is displayed as an icon doesn't appear. If you press Ctrl + A to select all shapes in the document to locate the Word object, and then you try to change the icon in the Convert dialog box, you receive the following error message:An error (1424) occurred during the action Convert Object.
The object is empty.
- When you press the F9 key repeatedly to update a nested field (an IF field that has a condition for a Caps switch) in Word 2016, the result of the field calculation that is displayed toggles between the condition in which all letters are capitalized and the condition in which the first letter is a capital.
- The ContentControlOnExitevent isn't triggered when you edit a content control in the document body and then click into the header of a document in Word 2016.
- After you enable the Track Changes function in Word 2016, deleted text is tracked for reviewers who have the same user name.
- Assume that you have a document that has footnotes and both manual and automatic page breaks in Word 2016. You set the Numbering to Restart each page in the Footnote and Endnote dialog box. When you print a document in the background, footnote numbers in the printout are numbered consecutively instead of being restarted on each page.
- Some text about document upload errors and digital signatures are unreadable on the Backstage in Word 2016 that uses the Dark Gray theme.
- HTML tables aren't displayed correctly documents in Word 2016.
- When you use add-ins API to set content control text in a co-authoring session in Word 2016, Word 2016 may crash.
- If a range only contains the close tag of a content control, the Range.ContentControls property doesn't collect the content control.
- Translates some terms in multiple languages to make sure that the meaning is accurate.
How to obtain and install the security update
Method 1: Microsoft Update
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
- Download security update for the 32-bit version of Word 2016
- Download security update for the 64-bit version of Word 2016