Be aware that the update in Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It doesn't apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
Improvements and fixes
Fixes the following issues:
- When you save a password protected file by using the Save As function in Project 2013, the file may become corrupted and then can't be opened.
- When you try to save a project to the Project 2007 format in Project 2013, Project 2013 crashes. This issue occurs if the project has a table defined, and the Lock first column option is enabled in the table and the locked column has a title associated with it.
- When you use Project 2013 with certain Windows region date and time formats (for example, Spanish (Mexico)), baseline bars aren't displayed in the Gantt chart.
- When you scroll horizontally across the timescale in a Gantt type view, the nonworking time shading might not be displayed correctly. This issue occurs if you have chosen to display the shading in front of the bars.
- When you try to import an XML file in Project 2013, nothing is imported and no error message is displayed. This issue occurs if the namespace tag is different from the following default one:<Project xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/project">This issue occurs after you install September 8, 2015, update for Project 2013 (KB3085510).
- When you import data from an Excel workbook in Project 2013, text data that is mapped into text type fields is truncated to 128 characters. For example, a task name is truncated.
How to download and install the update
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3114510 for 32-bit version of Project 2013
- Download update KB3114510 for 64-bit version of Project 2013
- Start Project 2013.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|