Be aware that the update on the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
- You are able to edit a checked-out IRM (Information Rights Management) document in Word 2016.
- When you try to check in a file from Office 2016 applications to SharePoint Server 2013 without manually saving the file first, the automatic upload might fail. In this case, you also can't check in the file manually because the upload failed. Then, you might see check-in popup windows that you can't dismiss.
- File cache migration fails if the file cache database is in an unusual but valid state.
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3114523 for 32-bit version of Office 2016
- Download update KB3114523 for 64-bit version of Office 2016
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
Article ID: 3114523 - Last Review: Jan 22, 2017 - Revision: 2