Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Word 2016 installed on the computer.
For a complete list of affected versions of Microsoft Office software, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 3124585.
Improvements and fixesThis update also contains fixes for the following nonsecurity issues:
- When you use a Japanese input method editor in Word 2016, you may experience the following issues:
- Certain special characters, such as circled numbers, aren't displayed correctly.
- Backspace and delete operations don't work.
- Selecting an item from a candidate list doesn't work.
- When you use certain fonts to enter a nonbreaking hyphen in a document in Word 2016, a square is displayed instead of a nonbreaking hyphen.