Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Word 2016 installed on the computer.
For a complete list of affected versions of Microsoft Office software, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article KB3134226.
- An improvement is included to make sure that the calls to the Word API between client and servers are consistent. For example, if you insert a paragraph into a document, the reference ID is consistent between client and servers.
- Enables add-in developers to obtain a list of API requirement sets.
- An improvement is included that translates some functionality in multiple languages. This improves the accuracy of the meaning and to avoid duplicity.
- Includes translations for several terms in multiple languages to improve accuracy of meaning.
- When Office add-ins communicates with Word 2016, Word may go to sleep if there's no UI action and it stops responding to add-ins.
- Assume that you save a document by using the Save As function in Word 2016. When you open the new document, the path of a linked document in the new document is changed unexpectedly.
- Real Time Collaboration in Word 2016 could result in additional unnecessary locks on newly inserted paragraphs.
- Incorrect output occurs on paragraphs that contain a lock. This issue occurs when Word 2016 merges a local document copy with changes on a server during Real Time Collaboration. This issue causes potential data duplication.
Method 1: Microsoft Update
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
- Download the security update KB3114702 for the 32-bit version of Word 2016
- Download the security update KB3114702 for the 64-bit version of Word 2016
Security update deployment informationFor deployment information about this update, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article KB3134226.
Security update replacement informationThis security update replaces previously released security update KB3114526.
File hash information
|Package Name||Package Hash SHA 1||Package Hash SHA 2|
Article ID: 3114702 - Last Review: Jan 22, 2017 - Revision: 2