Be aware that the update in the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It doesn't apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
- Corrects an incorrect error message that occurs in the scenario when a user without permission tries to check out a SharePoint document. This improvement is made for all languages.
- Adds Web Add-in commands support to Outlook 2013.
- Introduces the proxy failover feature for HTTP requests that fail because of proxy errors.
- Fixes the following issues:
- When you try to checkout a SharePoint document and you don't have the appropriate permission, you receive the following incorrect error message: We can't do that for you because the file was deleted or checked out.
- When you open a Project file from a SharePoint document library, the file is sometimes opened as read-only when it should be read and write. In other cases, the project is sometimes opened as read and write but you can't save changes.
Note To fix this issue, you also need to install March 8, 2016, update for Project 2013 (KB3114843).
- Devices will no longer encounter the Access Denied error message (red X) on Office files when OneDrive is temporarily unavailable.
- When you open the shortcut menu in Access 2013, Access 2013 may crash.
- If the Office service that resolves federation provider returns failure, Office applications will cache the error for three days. During this time, you can't sign in work accounts (AAD).
- Microsoft Office 2013 apps, such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook, slow down or freeze. This issue occurs after you install February 9, 2016, update for Office 2013 (KB3114717).
- When you try to checkout a SharePoint document and you don't have the appropriate permission, you receive the following incorrect error message:
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center. The updates in the Download Center can't be installed on Office Home and Student 2013 RT.
- Download update KB3114816 for 32-bit version of Office 2013
- Download update KB3114816 for 64-bit version of Office 2013
- Start an Office 2013 application, such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|
Article ID: 3114816 - Last Review: Jan 22, 2017 - Revision: 2