Be aware that the update on the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
Improvements and fixes
- HTML tables are displayed weirdly in documents in Word 2016.
- When you try to share an Office document that's stored on OneDrive, 0x803d0000 error code is displayed. You can't send invitations or view existing permissions on the document.
- When you open documents from SharePoint Online of your tenant, documents are incorrectly opened in the protected view.
- When you open a Project file from a SharePoint document library, the file is sometimes opened as read-only when it should be read and write. In other cases, the project is sometimes opened as read and write but you can't save changes.
Note To fix this issue, you also need to install March 8, 2016, update for Project 2016 (KB3114865).
How to download and install the update
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3114857 for 32-bit version of Office 2016
- Download update KB3114857 for 64-bit version of Office 2016
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|