Be aware that the update on the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It doesn't apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
Known issueAfter you install this update, you may experience frequent crashes in Outlook 2013 and Skype for Business 2013. If this behavior occurs, uninstall the update by following the instructions in the "How to uninstall this update" section later in this article. For more information, see Knowledge Base article https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3158521.
Improvements and fixes
- Translates some terms in multiple languages to make sure the meaning is accurate.
- Adds the ability for non-Outlook MAPI applications to use the Autodiscover service to receive connection settings during IMAPISession::OpenMsgStore, when the target is an Exchange mailbox.
Note To add this ability, see KB3114974 for more information.
- Fixes the following issues:
- When you try to change the members of a distribution list in Outlook 2013 that has multiple Exchange profiles set, you receive the following error message: The public group cannot be displayed. The operation failed.
- When you search a long string name in the address book in Outlook 2013, you can type the whole string even though the string can't be searched. The input should be stopped at 40 characters or 20 characters if a Unicode language is used (for example, Cyrillic strings).
- When you add a user as a contact for a profile that uses the MAPI over HTTP transport protocol in online mode in Outlook 2013, a new contact isn't created and no error message is displayed. This fix requires either Exchange Server 2013 CU12 (KB3108023) or Exchange Server 2016 CU1 (KB3134844) installed on the Exchange backend as well.
- After receiving the RPC_S_SERVER_TOO_BUSY response from the Exchange Server, Outlook 2013 that has the MAPI over HTTP transport protocol enabled should resend the request after some back-off time instead of immediately reconnecting to the server.
- You may see incorrect search results in shared mailboxes in Outlook 2013.
- When you download email attachments through the MAPI over HTTP transport protocol in Outlook 2013, attachments may be corrupted in some scenarios. This issue occurs in multi-core processor systems and Outlook 2013 with online mode.
- When you configure a profile that uses the MAPI over HTTP transport protocol in Outlook 2013, Outlook 2013 may crash.
- When you access public folders by using the MAPI over HTTP protocol in Outlook 2013, you may receive the following error message:Cannot display the folder. Your server administrator has limited the number of items you can open simultaneously. Try closing messages you have opened or removing attachments and images from unsent messages you are composing.
- When Outlook 2013 connects to both on-premises Exchange Server and Modern-Authentication-enabled Exchange Online, HTTP 500 error occurs, and the Free/Busy information isn't displayed. This issue occurs if the AlwaysUseMSOAuthForWebServices registry key is set.
Note To fix this issue, see KB3114977 for the information on how to replace the AlwaysUseMSOAuthForWebServices registry key with the AlwaysUseMSOAuthForAutodiscover registry key.
- When you try to change the members of a distribution list in Outlook 2013 that has multiple Exchange profiles set, you receive the following error message:
How to download and install the update
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center. The updates in the Download Center can't be installed on Office Home and Student 2013 RT.
- Download update KB3114941 for 32-bit version of Outlook 2013
- Download update KB3114941 for 64-bit version of Outlook 2013
- Start Microsoft Outlook 2013.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|