Be aware that the update on the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
- After you apply status updates to project schedules, the actual work contours on some assignments unexpectedly display zero for actual work values in various time periods.
- When you try to update budget costs on resources in Project 2016, Project 2016 may crash.
- When you use an auto filter on a text type field, such as the task name, and the field contains many varied values, Project 2016 may crash.
- Assume that you add the compliant field to a view and find something isn't compliant. When you make the item compliant, the field isn't updated until you leave the view and then come back again.
- If you have the option to clear leveling values before leveling or you click the Clear Leveling button within the Resource Leveling dialog box, it doesn't always work correctly. Instead, tasks may be leveled to unexpected dates or values may still be found in the Leveling Delay field.
- You can't create a project from a SharePoint task list if the list has data validation rules set.
- When a resource is overallocated by a combination of actual work and remaining work, the work doesn't appear in red (overallocated) in that period when it's leveled on a day-by-day basis.
- Microsoft Project doesn't always calculate the finish dates of some tasks that causes them to finish later than expected. This can occur in a scheduled from finish project where implied dependencies from a summary task to the sub tasks aren't always respected.
- Assume that you have a summary task that contains one or more subtasks. Then, you make the summary task become a non-summary task either by outdenting all subtasks or by deleting all subtasks. In this scenario, the internal property on the task that specifies the duration format (minutes, hours, days, weeks, and months) may not be set correctly. Therefore, when you publish the project, the reporting data is inaccurate, and the duration of the given task isn't correct.
- When you open a master project that has cross project links, Project 2016 may crash.
- When you try to connect to a Project Web App instance in Project 2016 on a computer in which you have not recently connected to the PWA instance, the connection may fail.
- When you select multiple tasks and try to replace a resource, the replace action doesn't work if the initial resource that you are replacing isn't assigned to all the selected tasks.
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3114973 for 32-bit version of Project 2016
- Download update KB3114973 for 64-bit version of Project 2016
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
Article ID: 3114973 - Last Review: Jan 22, 2017 - Revision: 2