Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Word 2016 installed on the computer.
For a complete list of affected versions of Microsoft Office software, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article KB3155544.
Improvements and fixes
- This update adds support for Javanese Script.
- Assume that you have a document that's digitally signed and the document has controls that's bound to the document metadata. After the document metadata is updated, Word 2016 still considers the document signature as valid.
- Hebrew characters in footnote references are reversed in Word 2016.
- When you paste mixed RTL and LTR plain text into a document in Word 2016, punctuation might appear on the wrong side of words.
- Sometimes Word 2016 does not show a MacroButton field, and shows the following message instead: Display text cannot span more than one line!
- After you enable and disable Split window for a document that has an ActiveX control in Word 2016, Word 2016 crashes.
- Word 2016 may crash if a list item begins with a diacritic, and the list uses a space (instead of a tab) for indentation.
- After you compare or combine two versions of a document that are coauthored by different coauthors in Word 2016, all OLE objects are marked as changed.
- Autocorrect changes incorrect characters in the presence of diacritic in Word 2016.
- Sometimes Word 2016 shows numbers incorrectly when the Numeral setting is set to Context in the Word Option dialog box.
- When you scroll through a document that has an ActiveX control in Word 2016, the ActiveX control is switched to design mode.
- The Send as PDF function is unavailable in Reading mode in SharePoint Server 2016.
- Some symbol characters are changed to "1" unexpectedly in the following scenarios:
- You send a RTF format email message that contains some symbol characters in Outlook 2016.
- You copy and paste some symbol characters in Word 2016.
How to get and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft Update
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
- Download the security update KB3115094 for the 32-bit version of Word 2016
- Download the security update KB3115094 for the 64-bit version of Word 2016
Security update deployment informationFor deployment information about this update, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article KB3155544.
Security update replacement informationThis security update doesn't replace any previously released update.
File hash information
|Package Name||Package Hash SHA 1||Package Hash SHA 2|