Be aware that the update on the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
Improvements and fixesFixes the following issues:
- High CPU usage affects the performance of some actions such as populate menus or galleries, insert shapes, draw ink objects, etc.. For example, when you use mouse to draw an ink circle, the circle isn't round.
- Printing a presentation takes longer in PowerPoint 2016 than in PowerPoint 2010. This issue occurs because the printer spooler size in PowerPoint 2016 is larger than in PowerPoint 2010.
- When you change the filter of a pivot table that has an associated pivot chart in Excel 2016, Excel 2016 may crash.
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3115495 for 32-bit version of Office 2016
- Download update KB3115495 for 64-bit version of Office 2016
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
Article ID: 3115495 - Last Review: Jan 21, 2017 - Revision: 2