For example, after an administrator's mailbox is moved to Exchange Server 2013, he or she can make connections only to the Exchange admin center and to Exchange Server 2013-based servers by using Remote PowerShell.
Note Administrators can continue to access the Customer Management Portal (CMP) after their mailbox is moved to Exchange Server 2013.
Get-Mailbox <mbx> | ft ExchangeVersionThe result resembles one of the following:
- Exchange Server 2010 mailbox - ExchangeVersion : 0.10 (126.96.36.199)
- Exchange Server 2013 mailbox - ExchangeVersion : 0.20 (188.8.131.52)
Customer Management Portal (CMP)
- This tool is specific to the Exchange Server 2010 version of Office 365 dedicated/ITAR. It enables the export of permissions, alternative recipients, and Outlook data files (PSTs).
- This tool can be used to manage Exchange Server 2010 mailboxes only.
- Exchange Server 2010 built-in UI for administration.
- Exchange Server 2013 built-in UI for administration.
- Administrators have an endpoint to which they can connect in Exchange Server 2010 and Exchange Server 2013 so that they can administer mailboxes during the transition.
Article ID: 3117721 - Last Review: Nov 18, 2015 - Revision: 1