Be aware that the update on the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
Improvements and fixes
- Provide support to allow the OneDrive for Business Next Generation Sync Client to take over synchronization of OneDrive for Business and SharePoint document libraries.
- Fixes the following issue: When you use OneDrive for Business to synchronize files, OneDrive for Business may crash and exit unexpectedly.
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3118265 for 32-bit version of OneDrive for Business for Office 2016
- Download update KB3118265 for 64-bit version of OneDrive for Business for Office 2016
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
Article ID: 3118265 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4