Be aware that the update on the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
Improvements and fixesFixes the following issues:
- Assume that you create an .mpp file in a SharePoint document library and then synchronize the library to the local computer by using OneDrive, and the file path is longer than 130 characters. In this situation, the .mpp file can’t be opened in Project 2016.
- Assume that you create a project from a template in Project Web App. When you try to enter timephased cost date or actual cost date for a cost resource in Project 2016, the values that you enter can't be applied, and Project 2016 may crash.
- When you merge or append a tab-delimited text document into an existing project, merged changes can't be saved in Project 2016.
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3118266 for 32-bit version of Project 2016
- Download update KB3118266 for 64-bit version of Project 2016
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
Article ID: 3118266 - Last Review: Jan 21, 2017 - Revision: 2