Be aware that the update on the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
Improvements and fixesFixes the following issues:
- When you open an HTML file that contains a table in Word 2016, the row height in the table is set to At least. This may cause an unexpected layout of the table.
- When you use Visual Basic editor in Word 2016, and the Track Changes function and Reviewing Pane are enabled, Word 2016 may crash.
- The Track Changes bar may not appear in the correct position in Word 2016.
- Assume that you preview a Word document in the preview pane in Windows Explorer. When you print a document that contains comments in Word 2016 during this time, the comments are not printed.
- The following issues are fixed by this update:
- When you insert OOXML or HTML by using an Office Add-in, and the OOXML or HTML contains a table at the beginning, the text before the inserting point may wrongly enter the first cell of the table.
- A bookmark could not be inserted by using OOXML. With this update, OOXML that contains only a bookmark can be inserted to anywhere except the starting point of the document.
- When getting a range as OOXML, the trailing space was wrongly removed. With this update, the trailing space will always be included.
- You can't post a blog to a Blogger site in Word 2016. This update deletes the Blogger option from the Blog drop-down list because the authentication protocol is changed.
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3118291 for 32-bit version of Word 2016
- Download update KB3118291 for 64-bit version of Word 2016
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
Article ID: 3118291 - Last Review: Jan 21, 2017 - Revision: 2