- You have a domain controller that has only one logical processor.
- The WinRMRemoteWMIUsers__ group is missing from Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- The domain has trust relationships with other domains.
- The domain controller does not have the NeverPing parameter, or this parameter is disabled.
- The domain controller receives two or more WinRM requests in a short period (for example, within 1 second).
- WinRM 3.0 is installed on a Windows Server 2008 R2 domain controller as part of the Windows Management Framework 3.0.
- A Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 computer is promoted to a status of domain controller of a Windows 2008 R2 domain.
Additionally, you can mitigate this issue by eliminating any of the conditions that are described in the "Symptoms" section.
Article ID: 3118385 - Last Review: Nov 24, 2015 - Revision: 1