For environments that have not yet deployed Cumulative Update 2 but use, or may use, extensions for Microsoft Intune, the revised installation media should be downloaded.
To restore any missing extensions, see the "Resolution" section.
For example, after you try to edit the properties of a deployment type, you receive a message that resembles the following:
Note The file name that is mentioned in the error may vary, depending on which extensions for Microsoft Intune are installed.
- Download the revised installation file (CM12_SP2R2SP1CU2-KB3100144-X64-ENU.exe) for Cumulative Update 2.
- Close the Administrator Console.
- Delete the following file: <AdminConsoleRoot>\xmlStorage\Other\InstalledExtensions.xml
- Use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel to repair the Administrator Console.
- Run the update installer to reapply Cumulative Update 2 and update the Administrator Console.
- Start the Administrator Console, and then click Yes when you receive the following message:
- Wait for the console to update. After that, all extensions should again be available.
The version that is displayed in the About System Center Configuration Manager dialog box is 5.0.8239.1302 after you install the revised media for Cumulative Update 2. No other site or component versions are changed.
Article ID: 3118546 - Last Review: Apr 26, 2017 - Revision: 2