- You have Windows 7-based, Windows 8-based, and Windows 8.1-based computers in a workgroup environment.
- You open the Local Group Policy Editor, and then you navigate to Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings.
- You change some security settings, and then you click User Rights Assignment.
The error returned when trying to retrieve these settings from the local security policy database (%windir%\security\database\secedit.sdb) was: An extended error has occurred.
- All local security settings will be displayed, but no indication will be given as to whether a given security setting is defined by Group Policy.
- Any local security setting that are changed through this User Interface may subsequently be overridden by domain-level policies. Also, the Rights Assignment window will not be displayed.
Article ID: 3118649 - Last Review: Feb 14, 2017 - Revision: 1