For a complete list of affected versions of Microsoft Office software, see KB3116111. In addition to the application improvements that are mentioned in this article, Office for Mac 2011 is now available as a subscription offering. For more information about how to subscribe, see Frequently Asked Questions.
- If an attendee is added to a meeting occurrence, and the occurrence is closed without saving changes, the attendee will no longer be added to the meeting series because unsaved changes are discarded for both the occurrence and series.
- In OS X 10.10 and later versions, parentheses for negative numbers that use the parentheses format were not shown, and the number was not formatted as expected. This issue was addressed, and negative numbers now have the option for parentheses-enclosed negative values.
Method 1: Microsoft AutoUpdate for Mac
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
Updated filesFor a complete list of the files that this update adds or changes, double-click the update installer, and then click Show Files on the File menu.
- The Office for Mac 2011 14.5.9 update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate for Mac. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up to date.
- To use AutoUpdate, start an Office for Mac program, and then click Check for Updates on the Help menu. See resources for Office for Mac 2011 for more information.
PrerequisitesBefore you install the Office for Mac 2011 14.5.9 update, make sure that you have Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 or a later version installed on your computer. Also, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.5.8 or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
To verify that Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Open the Microsoft Office 2011 folder, and then start any Office application. (For example, start Microsoft Word).
- On the application menu, click About <application>.
- In the About <application> dialog box, notice the version number that is displayed. The number should be 14.1.0 or a later version.
Security update deployment informationFor deployment information about this update, see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article KB3116111.
Update replacement informationThis security update replaces security update KB3102924.
Article ID: 3119517 - Last Review: Dec 11, 2015 - Revision: 1