This hotfix lets you use the following features and functionality in WMF 4.0:
- Windows PowerShell 4.0
- Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- Windows PowerShell ISE
- Windows PowerShell Web Services (also known as Management OData IIS Extension)
- Windows Remote Management (WinRM)
- Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
- Server Manager WMI provider
- Software Inventory Logging (SIL)
Hotfix informationFor more information about how to download Microsoft support files, see How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services.
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesBefore you apply this hotfix, you must have WMF 4.0 installed.
Additionally, you must have the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 installed.
Registry informationTo use the hotfix in this package, you don't have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Replacement informationThis hotfix doesn't replace a previously released update.
Article ID: 3119938 - Last Review: Jan 19, 2016 - Revision: 1