After you use the Remote Desktop Connection tool to make a connection to another computer, the name of the computer to which you connected is added to the Remote Desktop Connection Computer box. This makes it easy for you to quickly select the same computer at a later time. However, the Remote Desktop Connection tool does not provide a way to clear the list of computers or remove one or more entries from the Computer box.
Removing Entries in the Windows Remote Desktop Connection ClientTo have us remove all the entries in the Windows Remote Desktop Connection client for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to fix this problem yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for me
To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix it button or link. In the File Download dialog box, Click Run, and then follow the steps in the Fix it Wizard.
- This Fix it solution will help you remove all the entries in the Windows Remote Desktop Connection client.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfTo remove entries from the Remote Desktop Connection Computer box in the Windows Remote Desktop Connection client, start Registry Editor, and then click the following registry key:
Removing Entries in the Mac Remote Desktop Connection ClientTo remove entries from the Remote Desktop Connection Computer box in the Mac Remote Desktop Connection client, delete the Users:Username:Library:Preferences:Microsoft:RDC Client:Recent Servers file.
NotesThe list of all destination connections (including previous connections) are stored in an MRUnumber value in the following registry key:
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email.
Article ID: 312169 - Last Review: Jun 1, 2011 - Revision: 1