After you deploy a Microsoft Intune policy to whitelisted applications on Windows Phone, the Pin to Start option is unavailable (appears dimmed). Additionally, any URLs that had previously been pinned are also unavailable.
This issue occurs because the whitelist policy disables the background application that handles site pinning.
To resolve this issue, make sure that the background application that handles site pinning is whitelisted. To add the application to the list of whitelisted apps, follow these steps:
- In the Microsoft Intune administration console, go to Policy -> Configuration Policy.
- In the list of policies, select your Windows Phone Configuration Policy for whitelisting.
- Click Edit.
- Scroll down, and then click Add.
- In the *Name field, provide a descriptive name for the app, such as "Site Pinning."
- In the *App URL field, enter http://www.windowsphone.com/fd99943e-329b-4222-bf67-5f680968e3b3.
- Click OK, and then click Save Policy.
- Deploy your revised policy.
Article ID: 3123070 - Last Review: Dec 3, 2015 - Revision: 1