This security update for Windows 10 includes improvements in the functionality of Windows 10 and resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:
- 3124605 MS16-008: Security Update for Windows kernel to address elevation of privilege: January 12, 2016
- 3124901 MS16-007: Security Update for Windows to address remote code execution: January 12, 2016
- 3124584 MS16-005: Security Update for Windows kernel-mode drivers to address remote code execution: January 12, 2016
- 3124904 MS16-002: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: January 12, 2016
- 3124275 MS16-001: Security update for Internet Explorer: January 12, 2016
- 3118753 Microsoft security advisory: Updates for ActiveX kill bits
Known issue in this update
Customers running Windows 10 or Windows 10 Version 1511 who have Citrix XenDesktop installed will not be offered the update. Because of a Citrix issue with the XenDesktop software, users who install the update will be prevented from logging on. To stay protected, Microsoft recommends uninstalling the incompatible software and installing this update. Customers should contact Citrix for more information and help with this XenDesktop software issue.
How to get this update
Important If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Method 1: Windows UpdateThis update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Method 2: Microsoft Update CatalogTo get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update.
Restart informationYou have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces the previously released update 3116869.
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|