Be aware that the update on the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
Improvements and fixes
- Adds the ability to specify the Warn me before downloading content when editing, forwarding, or replying to e-mail option through a registry key. See KB3118321 for more information.
- Fixes the following issues:
- Assume that you create a contact on a mobile phone and synchronize it to Outlook 2016 that runs in cache mode. When you select the contact as a recipient and send an encrypted email message to the recipient, you receive the following error message: Outlook had problems encrypting this message because the following recipients had missing or invalid certificates.
- After you add a secondary Office 365 account from a different domain to the same profile in Outlook 2016, you can't send encrypted email messages.
- Outlook 2016 may crash when you run scripts to open folders that contain RSS feeds.
- The AutoDiscover task leaks files in the temp folder. When the temp directory is full, you can't open some email messages and AutoDiscover fails.
- You can't synchronize data from shared mailboxes if public folders are inaccessible.
- The getCallbackTokenAsync API fails for an add-in when it's called from a Module Extension Point.
- When you press the Delete key two times for an attachment in Outlook 2016, Outlook 2016 may crash.
- You can't forward a meeting from the calendar to another recipient.
- Assume that you enable the Never send a read receipt option in Outlook 2016. When you empty unread items that has the Request a Read Receipt option enabled, the Not read message is still generated.
- Assume that you create a contact on a mobile phone and synchronize it to Outlook 2016 that runs in cache mode. When you select the contact as a recipient and send an encrypted email message to the recipient, you receive the following error message:
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3127912 for 32-bit version of Outlook 2016
- Download update KB3127912 for 64-bit version of Outlook 2016
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
Article ID: 3127912 - Last Review: Jan 19, 2017 - Revision: 2