- Fill only the part of the range that you have to fill.
- Select only the last row or last two rows of the filled range, and then fill farther down the sheet.
- Repeat step 2 until you have filled the entire range that you have to fill.
- to track cells and formulas.
- to provide copy and paste functionality.
- to track pointers to objects.
Because this is a per-instance limit, this problem may occur if you have two or three large workbooks open, or one very large workbook. If you are working with several workbooks, try to open them in separate instances of Excel.
With smart fill functionality, you can increment relative references and fill lists. By reducing the copy range in any copy or fill operation, you can work around the 32,760 source cell limit.
Article ID: 313275 - Last Review: Oct 25, 2012 - Revision: 1